Starting at 2:00 p.m. PST today, members of the Xbox One Preview Beta Ring will begin receiving the latest 1904 Xbox One system update (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1904.190221-2147). Read on for more about the new features, fixes and known issues in the latest 1904 system update.
A complete feature list for 1904 is published here https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/02/21/new-features-rolling-out-to-xbox-insiders-this-spring/
This build contains the new Storage uninstall feature to please test.
When you try to install a new game or app today with a full HDD we send you to your collection to choose what to remove. The new suggested uninstall feature will instead send you to a page that has titles suggested for removal that will free up enough space for your install and to make things even easier it will auto-kickoff the install once the space is freed up!
You can also get to the new drive manager page via Settings > System > Storage (then select the storage device and Uninstall items) to easily manage your existing content and uninstall multiple titles at once.
My Games and Apps
- We have resolved a system memory leak that will address the following issues with games and apps:
- Apps such as Netflix unable to launch or crashing on launch.
- Various games simply fail to launch with a generic error message after playing a 4k title for a period of time.
- If playing a 4k title and taking a series of screenshots or game DVR clips you would find the system slow or lock up.
- We have resolved a system memory leak that will address the following issue on home:
- When playing a game and returning to the guide you would see corrupt text or missing graphics on home.
- The system clock is now displaying on home for various locales.
- Localization fixes.
- Achievements list not being displayed while in a game.
- We are aware of issues of No Audio heard from Non-Spatial Audio games when using Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with the LG SJ9 soundbar.
- We are tracking an issue that this title is crashing on launch.
Game Pass Mobile App
- Issue/Impact – After pushing a remote installation of a game from the Game Pass mobile app, customers will not see progress of the installation on in the mobile app and may not receive install notifications. The game will still successfully install if there is sufficient available space on the console.
- Affected audience – must be in 1904 preview, must be a GP subscriber, must be using the GP mobile app, must be pushing game installations from the app.
- Workarounds – None. A fix is coming in the next version of the mobile app in March. Customers interested in getting early access to the fix can download the Game Pass Beta app.
- We are tracking that some users are report unable to send/receive messages with latest update.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
- We are tracking an issue in which the Console locks up when accessing guide after playing a title or app.